Saturday, July 16, 2011

I'm baaaaaack!

Started training again finally. Still have my sights set on November half mary here in Charlotte.  It's funny, Im not a fan of running, but I love the way I feel after I've run. Make sense?

I also prefer treadmill running to outdoors. I know that is counterproductive to running a race but with the summer heat and humidity it's like running in a sauna outside some days.

Work quieted down for a while but now I think it's the calm before the storm for at least the next 5 months. We'll see.  I have vacations planned each month through October so that is nice. In a week I get to hang with 13 of the most awesome ladies I know up near Asheville for a veggie retreat. Next month, camping with friends. September we finally planned a trip out to Las Vegas with my mom and brother. The main purpose of that trip is that we go to the Grand Canyon but I figured mom had never been to Vegas so we can do some touristy stuff like the Hoover Dam and a Vegas Circue show. Then the in-laws are renting a month down on HHI in October so Im sure we'll spend a weekend or two down there.

I will run and post more. My plan is treadmill running at least 3 times a week and maybe one outdoor run a week. And Im kind of starting over from scratch due to the ankle - but I will get there! (and so will you Janice :))

No comments:

Post a Comment